Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Designer Glass Gems

Many mosaic artists use different tesserae (tiles) for their projects and for several years I have been making designer glass gems for their use. I've made sets large and small and the difference is that I use designer fabrics as backing on clear gems.

Lately due to popular demand I've been making small sets to be used as magnets. The trick is the type of glue you use and the ability to wield an Xacto knife skillfully without cutting yourself and making the back as pretty as the front. I use heavy duty magnets so there is no way these little beauties are going to slide off the refrigerator!

I thought I would share some of my latest creations.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My magnets are available in my CremeMagnolia Etsy Store and still 25% off for my March Madness Sale...and time is running out! Thank you for looking!

13 comments:

  1. LOVE these! I just found your blog, and I made magnets like these for my family for Christmas! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I'll check them out in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love those pink polka dot ones - just my style :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog :) Yes, keeping fingers and toes crossed that my fabrics will arrive soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your creativity and ability to wield a knife skillfully : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the dark blue and deep green ones! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the purple, teal and green rectangle ones! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to love making these (yours looks SO much better than mine ever did lol!). The patterns are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so cute! I'd buy some in zebra print!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cool! Now I want to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank all of you for your kind comments, as soon as I unstick my fingers from the glue - I'll make some more lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo...the first pink ones are my favorite but they're all sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors :) My favorites are the black and white dotted ones at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!