Tuesday, February 15, 2011

To Tweet or Waste the day getting it set up?

So OK, I may be the very last person on earth that doesn't have a Twitter Account. I have an Etsy Store, Write a daily Blog, Chair the Etsy Blog Team and I became painfully aware of the need to "tweet." Not that I really have a desire to send 140 character messages mind you ~ it's just that I'm asked 140 times a day to "follow me on twitter!"

Connected

So off I went to t.com just to set up my account and it was suggested that I "follow" at least 10 of the suggested accounts under the tab I chose ~ well I chose art of course. Needless to say I couldn't find much accept people touting their philosophical rants or political views. I then had the brilliant idea to follow my favorite T.V. shows.

Once I had chosen my first ten "tweeters" to follow I was sent to my profile page where I needed to make a plethora of decisions...and it's way too early to make decisions. I get it, right decision, cool tweeter; wrong decision, bad tweeter!

Apparently the application TweetDeck is an absolute MUST! Another group of questions, choices and clicks and whirs on my computer. Did I click on all the right buttons, did I make the right choices? Have I read all the rules and regs and am I going to begin receiving tons of email?

Over an hour later, I am now a Twitter affecianato (sp??). The last time I invested an hour into anything I was getting paid! So as I write this I have a Facebook Fan Page, a Twitter account a new blog team, Etsy Blog Team and last but not least I contribute to a blog about the Etsy Blog Team!

Photobucket

As I write this I have invested over two hours today just setting up Twitter and copying and pasting links into this post. If I've gone astray and (miss) posted a picture of my cat instead of the "right" link...deal with it ~ but I'm connected~

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Well great now I am the last person on earth NOT Twittering...I just can't lose another hour a day...can't : ( ....Good Luck!....Have fun without me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you're making me feel worse about not using Twitter! I have no interest in it but I feel like I need it for my business.

    Maybe I'll get one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another of the last ppl on earth to Twitter.
    I think that would take up too much of the time I already do not have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Twitter-phobic! I have been a facebook freak for years now, getting into the blog thing, but twitter completely confuses me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OrangiesAttic..if Twitter is so easy and you can carry on conversations in 140 characters, why did it take me 2 hours to set up Twitter and Tweetdeck? Really!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aggie...I have allotted exactly 140 seconds per day for Twitter! It's all I've got to give!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate twitter but I feel obliged to do it - glad you took to it so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on Twitter for a while but I know I'm not using it to full advantage. I spend way too much time on the computer as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twitter has been awesome for me to gain followers for my blog and gain views to my shop on Etsy so it's well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all of the above. I chose not to tweet because I already have an addiction to the computer and need to spend more time in the studio. But of course, instead of twitter, I am addicted to tumblr.
    Nicely written!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!